Thursday, November 19, 2009

Please take a look at this.

Just wanting people to be aware of this. They are friends of mine. I have known them to be activists since I met them and also two of the kindest and smartest people I've met. I just found out about this tonight and I plan on looking into this much more. I do feel like if I was in this situation it would be of at least some comfort knowing that a lot of people are aware of what is going on and it's not just something happening under the radar. The website lists ways you can support them if you wish to do so. The link is below and then a brief description of what is going on. Thanks.

http://davenportgrandjury.wordpress.com/

Carrie Feldman and Scott DeMuth are activists from Minneapolis, MN, who were subpoenaed to a federal grand jury in Iowa investigating animal rights vandalism from 2004. They are refusing to cooperate with the grand jury, and are in jail now for civil contempt of court. As of 11/19, Scott has been indicted for conspiracy under the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act. Read more about Carrie and Scott here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsey said...

I don't understand what they did??

From Jana

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home