Saturday, September 26, 2009

Culture. Alienation. Boredom. Despair.


I saw the Manic Street Preachers last night for the first time ever. They exceeded all my expectations. After listening to their albums endlessly and looking at pictures of the band it was a thrill to see them in the flesh. James Dean Bradfield is an incredible guitar player and vocalist and had me captivated throughout the entire set. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate this bands existence and what they represent. Here's what I can remember of the set in no particular order...

Motorcycle Emptiness (opening song)
Let Robeson Sing
La Tristesse Durrera
From Despair to Where
Peeled Apples
Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
Send Away the Tigers
This Joke Sport Severed
Your Love Alone is Not Enough
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
If You Tolerate This, Your Children Will Be Next
Me and Stephen Hawking
Little Baby Nothing
Everything Must Go
Small Black Flowers that Grow in the Sky
This is Yesterday
Faster
Motown Junk
You Love Us
A Design for life (last song)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

What album of theirs would you recommend to start off with?

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Lewis said...

I think any manics fan would say start with the holy bible, im glad you had a good time. they are the most successful band to come out of my hometown (blackwood south wales)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home