Thursday, November 29, 2007

So I got a text from my friend Joe Hardcore with a link to his blog. It motivated me to start writing on here again. Check out his shit! www.joehardcore.net That Mid-EVIL fighting stuff he does is wild.

Anyways...
It's been a crazy year of writing, recording and touring. For now I am back in Iowa working and getting my shit together and spending some quality time with my family.

I am digging some awesome music. I got into some classic country that I really love. Find these songs if you are curious...

Tennessee Ernie Ford - "Sixteen Tons" (This song is so good. Wow.)
Hank Snow - "I've Been Everywhere" "Moving On" "Ninety Miles An Hour (down a dead end street)"
Kitty Wells - "Heartbreak U.S.A." "Making Believe"
Brenda Lee - "I'm Sorry"
Tammy Wynette - "Stand by Your Man"
Marty Robbins - "el paso" "ghost riders in the sky"
Hank WIlliams - "lost highway"
Eddy Arnold - "make the world go away"


Band News:
+MLIW is in the new spin magazine (with Bruce Springsteen and some goofball on the cover) we are in the "top ten songs to download" for F.T.S.P. along with Lil' Wayne and some other cool cats. Pick up a copy! Or don't!
+Lots of people seem to like our new album MIDNIGHT IN AMERICA. but apparently not many people actually bought it. Go buy one ya fucking jerks! The layout is next level by Iowa's own QOJAK. And it's got lyrics. And it sounds better on a stereo than on your laptop!

Hmm..what else. It's almost bedtime.

Some Great Shows I saw this Year...
Career Criminal (awesome streetpunk band from texas. with Iron Cross at a Roadhouse Saloon outside San Antonio.
Billy Bragg (mark that one off my list. He was fantastic.)
Social Distortion (first time I ever saw them. great great show.)
Against Me

Ok. more soon. goodnight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dylan does a pretty cool version of 90 Miles, and i'm pretty sure it's on Down in the Groove. i know a lot of people don't listen to the 80's and 90's albums, but give it a shot if you haven't already.
Also, did you get a chance to watch the No Direction Home dvd that i gave to Tim?

hope you're doing well.
kyle

10:36 PM  
Anonymous selina g. said...

im glad you started writing in this thing... in my mind youre pretty interesting... shows what a boring life i lead. =) i hope all is well.
-selina (from texas)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous cunt said...

I bought the new album and it does, indeed, rule...

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00032G1S0/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_5?%5Fencoding=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar

read the comments and enjoy.

- allison

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Pyrrhus Darwin Castello said...

Jeffrey. Have you been reading anything cool lately? I have fallen in love with Master and Margarita by Mihail Bulgakov. Also Neil Gaimans Sandman comics are amazing!

ps. I was supposed to do a interview with you guys on TattooNOW but it never happened. Would you still be intrested?

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home