Sunday, September 24, 2006

into the james

Woke up in Richmond today and did my laundry at a laundromat in the ghetto. When I got back I went to a rope swing attached to a railroad bridge on the James River with Max and John. It was the only date of this tour warm enough to swim so I'm glad we made it happen.
I love the way richmond looks and feels. Bricks and mortar and ramshackled together tarpaper roofs and cute alleyways and everything with character and bits of broken glass.

There is never an overarching feeling at the end of a tour or a theme song that comes on in the background. I remember only the things I want to remember the way I want to remember them and the bottom falls out on everything else. Add some new pictures and flyers to my box of things to keep. Another notch on your belt of things you've done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alli Cat said...

just a quick question, when are you comin back to california?

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home