Thursday, July 06, 2006

HOME

We made it home safe and sound. I am now reading the new Punk Rock Confidential that was waiting on my doorstep and watching every episode of Freaks and Geeks while I decompress from tour.
Beat Strings are playing a house show in M'town tomorrow night so that is going to help me get over the fact we were forced to come home early. I would like to re-iterate that Beat Strings are one of the best bands in the world right now and no one knows about them yet.

Some random things I want to mention before i forget...
*I did an interview for Punk Planet and the issue is out right now so check that out if you are interested. I thought it came out a little bland but a lot of people seemed to think it's a good read.
*We went to Bill Stevenson's fourth of July cookout. Him and his wife were generous hosts and seemed like down to earth people. His little girl drew black flag, germs and X tattoos on us and gave chris Ziggy Stardust style eye-makeup and Glitter. A strange and fun day.
and while we are on the subject of punk celebs and their children...Mick Jones daughter showed up after we played at Crewtonz. I didn't talk to her cause i was wasted and worn out. It's a small world after all. The Same night I met the singer of Mephiskapheles. Did anyone else ever listen to this band? DOOMSDAY!!!
*I need the Minutemen - We Jam Econo DVD and the Joe Strummer - Let's Rock Again DVD and Johnny Cash's last record. Someone buy them for me? Christmas is right around the corner!
*I want as many pictures and videos of our tour as possible!! If you got em please send them to me. If you send physical copies of stuff in the mail I can hook you up with a T-shirt or something in return! get in touch!

playlist:
Springsteen - the wild, the innocent and the E street shuffle
Moz - Ringleader of the Tormentors

9 Comments:

Anonymous johnthepunk said...

We downloaded Cash's last unfinished American album and the last songs he recorded by himself thing. I can burn those if you want. Sounds like a very eventful tour. Weird you kinda met Mick's daughter. I had a beer with her dad
once. Welcome home boys! Look fwd to seeing you. I havent heard of any Beat Strings show but I'll keep my ears open. Not sure if I can make it for sure if there is one but want to. The Strings are one of the best live bands around here now.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous maxl ryaz said...

hey man, i'm glad you are alive and all that shit, but honestlly the most important part of this whole post is that you finally put the best springsteen record in your playlist.
peace.
maxl

10:40 PM  
Anonymous todd said...

holy SHIT! i love mephiskapheles. ESKAMOES!

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beat strings really do rule. i'll have to not miss them the next time they come to des moines.

the punk planet interview was actually pretty good, i thought. the questions were a little bland, but it turned out well.

i loved mephiskapheles when i was 15. the concept of satanic ska just blew my mind. then i saw them, and they were fucking awful, so that kinda ruined it.

glad you guys aren't dead!

-elliot

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, oh man! You said you want photographs. I was at Chain both nights. Probably around 50 photos and 5 vidclips all thanks to my girlfriend. I was too busy getting kicked out for crawling on people. How fuckin lame is that?
I'm thinkin that putting them all on a disc is the best thing cause uploading them all would take days.
Address?

-DanO

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you ever see these pictures?

they are almost a year old...in milwauke with comeback kid minus terror.

http://arab-on-gaydar.livejournal.com/42894.html

-saeed

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Elona said...

Freaks and Geeks is so good! Too bad it got pulled so early for the show to develop even more.

That must have been the coolest cookout of all time.

And speaking of X, if you haven't seen them live before you should because they are amazing, I've seen them twice. They are touring with the Rollins Band this summer. Hopefully I'll get to interview them when they come to DC.


Check the band's email because I sent you guys a message yesterday.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only picture I have out of the four nights I followed the tour was just the picture of what I refer to as the Indiana Jones outfit from Albuquerque; but I am definitely more than willing to send it. Haha.

- Cassie.
cassieisrockandroll@gmail.com

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/DigitalResize/this%20is%20hell%20erie%20pa/


The first few were your song, thought you might appreciate that kids were stoked about your song even though you weren't there.


also im have a few pictures of you guys from this tour printed to use in my potfolio, if you want some prints made and mailed to you let me know.

Meghan - lurkmegurk@tmail.com

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home