Monday, June 12, 2006

philly show/FDR

The show at the church in philly was radical. Big thanks to R5 and all the kids that came out. After the show I went to FDR to skate. A kid who was at the show took me there. (Thanks rob!). It had been 5 years since I'd been there so I was psyched. FDR is punk rock, skateboarding as it should be, and complete anarchy. Skaters built it and maintain it..no pads, no money to get in, people drinking and smoking and grilling out. You can take a run whenever you want but you better watch out for the 200 pound thrasher coming out of the bowl at 40 mph and if you slam the concrete doesn't give and there's nobody to sue. If somebody wants to know what skating is about I would tell them to go to FDR. I met some locals and took a bunch of runs and drank some free beers. I can't wait to go back and spend a week or two skating sun up to sun down. Heading to DC now. Fuck yeah.

1 Comments:

Blogger all week long... said...

hey man. any idea how i can get in touch with spanish bombs to get my hands on a demo? saw them in philly this weekend, great band.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home