Sunday, May 21, 2006

End of the Weekend


BIG NEWS!!! On Saturday my sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Avery Hope. Tomorrow I get to chill with her and I can't wait.

And now onto less important general nerdery....
I saw a great show on Saturday Night at the Triple Rock in Minneapolis. DISFEAR from from Sweden and the mighty NINE SHOCKS TERROR....those crazy crazy bastards. I highly fucking recommend seeing or buying the records of both these bands. DISFEAR is maybe something like Tragedy meets motorhead. NINE SHOCKS TERROR brings back the feel of early hardcore punk whilst writing really good and original tunes instead strictly imitating as so many annoying bands do. Does anyone know the official status of this band? I thought they had broken up? Is there a new record coming? What is the deal?


I got new books!! All used and dirt cheap. I'm all stocked up for summertime now...

Hollywood Babylon
Kenneth Anger

Black Spring
Henry Miller

Soft Maniacs
Maggie Estep

Ayn Rand...
The Romantic Manifesto
Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal
The Virtue of Selfishness


What I can remember of my weekend Jams:
Symarip - Skinhead Moonstomp
Manic Street Preachers
Leadbelly
Pete Seeger
Woody Guthrie
Billy Bragg
Spanish Bombs - Brown Bag Demo
101ers - Elgin Avenue Breakdown
Junior Murvin - Police and Theives
Westbound Train
Beat Strings - Love Lust Wonder

7 Comments:

Anonymous Josh said...

nine shocks terror supposedly has a new record coming out on havoc.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Daria said...

Congrats Jeff! :D

A new fan, maybe?

7:16 AM  
Blogger iamjoy said...

jeff, that's the cutest little girl i have ever seen in my life! a kiss for avery!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous paul said...

hi
first of all, i realy love to read your blogg and congratulation to your sister. what a sweety!
but now my question. where can i get the spanish bombs demo. is there an internet appearance?
when i search for "spanish bombs" i just get something that i know for years, that the almighty clash had a song called spanish bombs but nothing else.
can you help me?
regards paul

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nine shocks have been playing here in cleveland for a while now with different drummers. They finally got a solid line up together and as you can see are touring a bit more. Tony Erba (bass player) is one of the nicest guys you'll meet. If you go to the show ask him about a new record. Also if he's selling demos for his rock and roll band Amps II Eleven I also recommend checking them out.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Josh said...

i support amps II eleven as well as gordon solie motherfuckers. ill bring some on tour jeff.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Your Arsonist said...

your niece is so cute. Congrats Jeff and to your sister

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home