Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hey man, where you from?

Went to the ghetto m'town skatepark today after work. Young mexican kids were shredding. They all go "hey man, where are you from?" Haha...i'm from right here, kid. All this immigration stuff in the news drives me fucking crazy. We have had a lot of mexican immigrants coming to Marshalltown (mostly to work at the meat packing plant) throughout my lifetime. There was defnitely an adjustment period and a lot of racism for a long time. There are those who would tell you that they "ruined this town." In my opinion, for the most part, they are hard working and family oriented people who have filled a lot of jobs and forced a lot of closed minded small town people to deal with the realities of the world we are living in. I know it's not quite as simple as that and there are other ways of looking at the issue...but I also know that if the tables were turned and my family was down there with no work...we would have done the same. Not to mention the delicious resturants they have started here...providing us with an alternative to fast food and burger joints. A couple years ago the local cops busted an underground cock-fighting ring. I think it should be legalized. I would pay to watch that. This has been the most uneducated, off the cuff, and random political rant of all time. Thank you and good night.

practice space playlist:
Adam Ant - Friend or Foe
Rancid - Roots Radicals/I Wanna Riot

Got all the back issues of punk rock confidential today. I'm loving that shit.
www.punkrockcon.com subscribe!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tyler Oleson said...

hey douchebag

8:27 PM  
Blogger Etienne said...

That wall building shit in California is ridiculous. How ugly and inhumane is a wall? You guys have it all mixed up.

I gotta say some of my favourite restaurants in Toronto are mexican joints. Authentic Mexican food is delicious.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Witness said...

Tyler...
You're dead bitch.

2:04 PM  
Blogger noah said...

I wanna riot

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home